Since 1991, Minneapolis Rotary Scholarships have helped send more than four dozen graduates from Minneapolis Public High Schools to college. These scholarships are awarded each year to exceptional 12th grade students in Minneapolis Public High Schools. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $1,125 per year for up to 4 consecutive years, based on satisfactory academic progress. While academic qualifications are a strong criteria for scholarship selection, the students selected for scholarships may not necessarily be at the top in their class. Scholars demonstrate through their actions a commitment to the Rotary motto of “Service Above Self” and show the potential to achieve great things.
In selecting our scholars we are looking for:
- A student demonstrating the ability to develop connections with fellow students of diverse backgrounds.
- A student who demonstrates a commitment to academic excellence, showing perseverance and high ethical standards in pursuit of that excellence.
- A student with a personal philosophy of service and demonstrates that service philosophy through work with fellow students and through activities in the community.
2019 Rotary Scholarship Timeline:
Application Deadline April 30th
Finalist Interviews May 21st
Scholarship Award Luncheon June 14th
Your scholarship application will likely take about 30 minutes to complete and you will be asked to supply the following information:
1. Personal information, including contact information for you and your parent/guardian
2. Academic information, including your GPA and college entrance exam score(s)
3. Brief essay answers
To begin your Minneapolis Rotary Scholarship Application, click here.
Please complete the form and submit the official transcript and at least one letter of recommendation by April 30, 2019, on behalf of the student seeking a Minneapolis Rotary Scholarship. Student scholarship applications that lack this required documentation by the due date will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
To enter your information and submit the required documents, click here.